- Read material using a clear speaking voice with accuracy, tone and interest
- Read all articles in an accurate manner without editorialising, censoring or editing
- Read all articles without bias, comment or criticism
- Follow the run sheet as set out by the Presenter be required to attend meetings that Assist with planning and information provision prepare any required reading material e.g. textbooks/ workbooks/ printable material used
Skills and Attributes:
- Lively, bright and confident voice at an early hour
- Competent reading from both PC and newspapers without pre-broadcast reading of items
- Confident computer skills for navigating websites and reading text direct to air, on up to 2 screens simultaneously
- Demonstrated flexibility, in a small team.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent Computer literacy skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management skills
- Good reading skills (i.e. comprehension of the English language ability to read long articles, clear reading voice with tone and interest)
- Good written skills and fluent English speaking
- Ability to follow instructions
- An interest in media, news and current affairs
Vision Australia Volunteer Essentials Induction
Vision Australia Radio Reader/Presenter training
Commencing mid-February for Proposed program start March 6th.
Availability for Breakfast radio timeslot at minimum once every 3 weeks from 6.30am-7.45am at Warragul studio on Tuesdays or Thursdays.
12 month Commitment to the role
2nd February 2018