Deafblind Services aims to expand each person's choices and opportunities across all aspects of their life.
We can provide a range of services, which may include one or more of the following:
- information about deafblindness and specialist equipment and resources
- individual assessment to better grasp an adult's strengths and needs
- life skills programs such as independence skills, leisure and social skills
- advice and training in communication techniques in specialist equipment such as CCTV, telebraille
- training in braille and computer-based technology to increase access to information and reduce isolation
- provision of counselling and/or peer support to assist with managing the emotional impact of deafblindness
- information and advice on accessible social/recreational activities
- awareness/training program on the skills needed in working with people who are deafblind
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 84 74 66.